Monday, April 12, 2010

a tree grows in brooklyn.

i have yet to find the time to finish the book a tree grows in brooklyn that i started ages ago. one day when i was little i stayed home from school and my mom and i watched the old movie version of the book but i've yet to actually read it. but i do really love this quote in the book:


"'dear god', she prayed, 'let me be something every minute of every hour of my life. let me be gay; let me be sad. let me be cold; let me be warm. let me be hungry . . . have too much to eat. let me be ragged or well dressed. let me be sincere--be deceitful. let me be truthful; let me be a liar. let me be honorable and let me sin. only let me be something every blessed minute. and when I sleep, let me dream all the time so that not one little piece of living is ever lost."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails